St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny)
Administration Assistant (Fixed Term 11 mth Contract 35 hours) x 2
St Patrick’s Centre has transitioned from a congregated setting to community-based supports, which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for an Administration Assistant (Fixed Term 11 months Contract 35 hours). The role of the Administration Assistant is to provide administrative support across the organisation including but not limited to creating reports, taking minutes, updating spreadsheets, filling, sending correspondence, filling out forms, scanning documents, making and taking phone calls, carry out audits and perform additional duties as required.
The person appointed to this post should be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team. This role will evolve as professional, structural and demands change and the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility to facilitate this.
Proven and demonstrated experience in administration and/or Qualification in Business Administration desirable but not essential.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a busy, changeable environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent experience in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Ability to plan work and keep records of work completed
- Attention to detail & high level of accuracy
- Implementation and maintenance of required systems
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and an ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
- Be an effective team player with an open and flexible attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentially of sensitive information
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own transportation
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive salary linked to HSE Salary Scales. Clerical Officer Grade III
- Training Opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Applications for this post to be submitted on the with a CV and cover letter outlining suitability to: Human Resource Dept, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11/12 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny or by email to HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie. Queries to Adrienne Hayes or Denise Foran on 056 772 2170.
Current vacancies can be found by clicking the link below.
Work with Us – St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny) (stpatrickskilkenny.com)
Closing date for receipt of application is Monday 28th November 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer.