We are currently recruiting Students as Health Care Assistants (HCA) on a Relief basis – negotiable hours.
Please submit a CV and a cover letter to HR, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11-12, Danville Business Park Kilkenny or via email to HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie . The particulars of the post are outlined in the job specification.
Enquiries to Sarah Egan, Assistant Director of Services on 056 772 2170.
Salary Scale: Linked to HSE Salary Scales (Care Assistant Intellectual Disability)
Must have completed at least 1 Year on a Nursing programme – in Intellectual Disability, Psychiatric, General, or Children’ or one year as a Social Care Student or Pre-Nursing Course.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Planning & organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and reporting writing
- Must be willing and able to participate in swimming pool activities
- Must be willing and able to work rosters that include both days, nights, split shifts, sleepovers, late evenings and weekends.
- Full Clean Driver’s License
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer
We look forward to hearing from you!